HH Spring Invitational 2022 - Video Competition
Hope Haven Video Competitions provide equestrians of all (dis)abilities and diverse needs an opportunity for competition in the comfort of their home facility and with their familiar mount.
A unique advantage of our competitions is that we provide a list of compensating aids allowed for specific intellectual disabilities as well as physical impairments in order to encourage the highest level of independence for each competitor.
NEW THIS SPRING
Try something new! How about the Working Trail class. We have used basic equipment for creating the elements therefore should be accessible to most equestrian centres. For your horsemanship or ground work participants, they are able to compete as well in the Working Trail - Unmounted class.
Any compensating aids used in your video must be indicated on your registration form or the judges may deduct marks. Please see the list of available aids in the Competition Guidelines.
Steps To Enter
- Download and thoroughly read through the Competition Guidelines which includes how to determine a competitor’s division and division level, class rules, judging considerations, video requirements and class set up.
- Solidify with your coach/instructor both the division as well as the division level you will be competing in.
- Video your class(es) you are entering according to the video guidelines, class set up and pattern requirements provided. Each class must have a separate video.
- Upload your video(s) onto your Youtube account.
- Complete the Online Entry Form below; includes uploading of HH Video Competition Waiver and uploading of your YouTube video links. Entries will be received between June 13th-19th, 2022.
Divisions, Levels, & Classes
- Open Division - all ages and abilities.
- Special Olympics Division - competitors must be registered on a Special Olympics Equestrian team that has been recognized by their provincial SO organization.
There are 6 division levels offered in each of the above divisions:
A Level - independent walk/trot/canter
BI Level - independent walk/trot
BS Level - supported walk/trot (on lead and/or sidewalkers)
CI Level - independent walk
CS Level - supported walk (on lead and/or sidewalkers)
UM Level - unmounted (Working Trail - Unmounted option only)
- Equitation Jumping
- Working Trail
- Working Trail - Unmounted
Online Entry Form
Entries will be received between June 13th-19th, 2021.
**Please download the HH Video Competition Waiver, fully complete and have ready to upload on the Online Entry Form.**
Contact our Program Manager, Robyn Allen with any questions!
Benoit Dube - Executive Director
Barb Sheperd - Development Officer
Robyn Allen - Program Manager & Physiotherapist
Michelle Lemire - Volunteer Coordinator (Interim)
Emma Houser - Volunteer Coordinator & Instructor (PATH Int. CTRI, EC Instructor of Beginners)
Danielle Rose - Equine Manager & Instructor (PATH Int. CTRI, EC Competition Coach)
Ann-Ida Beck - Instructor (CanTRA CTRSI, PATH Int. CTRI, EC Instructor of Beginners)
Gillian MacNeill - Instructor (CanTRA CTRII, PATH Int. CTRI)
Shannon Speer - Recreation Therapist
Gretel Stanish - Property & Barn Manager