Covid-19 Infection Control Policies & Procedures
In alignment with the current Ontario Government masking requirements, we will be suspending our mandatory masking policy as of June 27, 2022.
However, at any time participants or family members may request their team who is working in close contact with them to be fully masked.
Otherwise it is at the discretion of each individual (staff, volunteer, participant) whether they choose to be masked or not while at Hope Haven and personal choices will be respected.
If any individual is displaying symptoms that may be related to Covid-19 or any other virus, we ask that you are fully masked on arrival or otherwise if feeling unwell to please remain at home.
Covid-19 Health Screening
We ask all individuals entering Hope Haven property to screen themselves prior to arriving. Below is the screening tool that we are using for all participants, volunteers and staff. This is the same tool provided by the Ontario Government for screening of school children. There is a PDF as well as the online tool available to choose from.
Covid-19 Online Screening Tool
- Hand wash/sanitization is required upon arrival and when appropriate during activities.
- Consider physical distancing guidelines when possible (6 feet or 2 metres apart).
- If any individual who has been on the property has a probable case (symptomatic) or tests positive for Covid-19, they must inform Hope Haven immediately.
- Hand sanitizing stations located at strategic areas, masks and gloves available.
Saddle Up For Success Program
- All participants and supporting staff must abide by Hope Haven's Covid-19 Infection control policies.
- Only 1 school group will be attending the program per day having sole access to the activity centre and will not have any interaction throughout the day with participants from other programs.
- Participants must bring their own lunch and filled water bottle as these will not be provided by Hope Haven.
- Helmets are mandatory for when interacting with horses. These helmets are designated for the students in the Saddle Up For Success program only and are fully sanitized between each use. If a student has their own equestrian helmet, it is recommended for them to bring their own.
Last Modified 06/27/2022
545747 Sideroad 4A, RR #2
Markdale, ON N0C 1H0
Located on Sideroad 4a between
7th Line and 9th Line.
Benoit Dube - Executive Director
Kim Reain - Development Officer
Robyn Allen - Program Manager & Physiotherapist
Michelle Lemire - Volunteer Coordinator
Emma Houser - Program Administrator & Instructor (PATH Int. CTRI, EC Instructor of Beginners)
Danielle Rose - Equine Manager & Instructor (PATH Int. CTRI, EC Competition Coach)
Ann-Ida Beck - Instructor (CanTRA CTRSI, PATH Int. CTRI, EC Instructor of Beginners)
Gillian MacNeill - Instructor (CanTRA CTRII, PATH Int. CTRI)
Heidi Bramson - Instructor (Path Int. CTRI)
Shannon Speer - Recreational Therapist
Gretel Stanish - Property & Barn Manager