Covid-19 Infection Control Policies & Procedures
Due to the nature of our services and considering the portion of our participants and volunteers who are either immunocompromised or at risk of more serious effects of Covid-19, Hope Haven will be continuing with masking requirements in all indoor spaces and close contact situations for the foreseeable future. Here are the specifics:
- Volunteers, staff, participants as well as guardians assisting with lessons must wear a mask within the cross-tie area or bank barn.
- Once a rider is mounted, side walkers must continue to wear a mask due to close contact but horse leaders when appropriately distanced from and facing away from rider, may pull down mask for improved ventilation in well ventilated arena and outdoors.
- Instructors may also remove masks for better communication as long as significant distancing is maintained.
- Riders may remove masks once mounted however will be encouraged to keep them on if they have side walkers.
- Masks must completely cover the nose and mouth and fit snugly against the sides of face without gaps. Face coverings such as a single layer buff is not acceptable for indoor spaces.
Covid-19 Health Screening
We ask all individuals entering Hope Haven property to screen themselves prior to arriving. Below is the screening tool that we are using for all participants, volunteers and staff. This is the same tool provided by the Ontario Government for screening of school children. There is a PDF as well as the online tool available to choose from.
- Hand wash/sanitization is required upon arrival and when appropriate during activities.
- Abide by physical distancing guidelines at all times when possible (6 feet or 2 metres apart).
- If any individual who has been on the property has a probable case (symptomatic) or tests positive for Covid-19, they must inform Hope Haven immediately.
- Washrooms as well as frequently touched surfaces such as door handles and light switches to be cleaned 3x per day.
- Tack room has limited access to designated staff and will only contain clean equipment.
- All high touch areas of tack and grooming items will be cleaned and/or sanitized after every use.
- Hand sanitizing stations located at strategic areas, masks and gloves available.
Saddle Up For Success Program
- All participants and supporting staff must abide by Hope Haven's Covid-19 Infection control policies.
- Only 1 school group will be attending the program per day having sole access to the activity centre and will not have any interaction throughout the day with participants from other programs.
- Participants must bring their own lunch and filled water bottle as these will not be provided by Hope Haven.
- Helmets are mandatory for when interacting with horses. These helmets are designated for the students in the Saddle Up For Success program only and are fully sanitized between each use. If a student has their own equestrian helmet, it is recommended for them to bring their own.
Last Modified 03/16/2022
Benoit Dube - Executive Director
Barb Sheperd - Development Officer
Robyn Allen - Program Manager & Physiotherapist
Michelle Lemire - Volunteer Coordinator (Interim)
Emma Houser - Volunteer Coordinator & Instructor (PATH Int. CTRI, EC Instructor of Beginners)
Danielle Rose - Equine Manager & Instructor (PATH Int. CTRI, EC Competition Coach)
Ann-Ida Beck - Instructor (CanTRA CTRSI, PATH Int. CTRI, EC Instructor of Beginners)
Gillian MacNeill - Instructor (CanTRA CTRII, PATH Int. CTRI)
Shannon Speer - Recreation Therapist
Gretel Stanish - Property & Barn Manager